Why Have a Website?
If you do not have a website, it may cost you a customer because most people check a company’s website to determine if they want to do business with them. If you have a well-designed and documented website, it compels people to do business with you. This is especially true if your product or service is considered high-end.
If you do have a website or if your website is not up to date creatively detailing your product or service, you may lose customers to your competitors. Many old-school business owners do not think that having a website is important especially if they serve a local community. However, not investing in a website is detrimental to the survival of your business.
A Website is a Necessity?
There was a time that having a website was optional but sorry to say that those days are over. It is not enough to have a social media profile or an email address because smart consumers are interested in your business, who you are and what you have to offer. The recent pandemic was a indicator that the world is now moving into the digital age and those that are left behind may suffer the consequences.
You don’t need to know everything about programming or coding but it is important to know the basics in order for you to know what the web can do for you and your business. It is difficult for some people to change but for business owners this change is critical and a matter of life and death of the business.
If You Don’t Have a Website
Our step by step process includes:
1. Domain Name – Your domain name should represent your business brand.
2. Website Hosting – The server that will host your domain name and website.
3. Design Tools – Collect themes and plug ins needed for your website.
4. Content – Gather the keyword content (images and text) for the website.
5. Functionality – What tools do you need to engage with your audience.
6. Media – Collect and edit images, audio and video.
7. SEO – Submit your website to search engines and directories.