Web Hosting is one of the most important decisions you will make when launching your website. the webhost is going to determine your website’s speed, loading times, file structure and basic security measures. So it is critical to know what you are looking for when you select a webhost.
Web Hosts and Web Servers
What is a Web Hosting Company?
A Web Host is a company that maintains web servers (large capacity computers) for clients and customers. These computers are usually offsite in remote locations. The web host provide the tools needed to construct and manage a website and makes it available on the Internet. Web hosts refer to companies that provide web hosting services. The computers that the web hosts use are called web servers.
Web Hosting is the name of the computer that houses your website files. Once you create your website you then upload the files to a computer that is called a host. The host holds all of your files and when someone clicks on your domain name their web browser access the files that you have uploaded to the host also referred to as a server.
Your web host has to be fast, reliable and dependable because your business is counting on the host’s server to stay up at least 98% of the time. There are several different types of hosting available and the best way for you to determine which will suit your business needs ask yourself the following questions about your business.
For many new businesses Standard Hosting AKA Shared Hosting is enough to successfully maintain average website traffic.
What is a Web server?
A web server is a computer that is set up to hold your computer files so they can be accessed from any other computer or device that is connected to the Internet.
The content of a website, such as text, photographs, video, and application data, is stored and sent by a web server to clients who request it. A web browser program is the most prevalent sort of client, and it requests data from your website when a user clicks on a link or downloads a document from a page displayed in the browser.
Different Types of Web Hosting
However, shared hosting is a cost-effective way to get started as you increase your budget. Many of the hosting companies can upgrade your service for you if needed. If not, you can always pack up your website and transfer it to a new host.
Building Your Digital Office
Your website server is your central office that will house your website, electronic files and email archives.
If You Don't Have a Website
If you are in business and don’t have a website it is important to get started right away. If done effectively, a strong website will drive clients and customers to your business.
If You Have An Existing Website
If you have an existing website it is important that you have a solid maintenance plan in order to assure that your website is operating at optimal performance. Click for more
The most important decision that you will have to make for your business is how you plan to present yourself online. Plant the seed today and reap the benefits tomorrow. Click here for more
Picking the Right Webhost For Your needs.
Web Hosting is one of the most important decisions you will make when launching your website. The web host is going to determine your website’s speed, loading times, file structure, and basic security measures.
It is critical to know what you are looking for when getting a web host
There are thousands of web hosts out there and many of them offer similar prices, products, and services. Many people tend to make their choice based on the location of the company that owns the server.
Picking a good web host may require a little research but it’s worth the effort in the long run. Some of the most important aspects of acquiring a server include.
1. Customer Service – If there are any questions or concerns it is important that you be able to reach the customer service or technical support rep on the phone and through an online chat.
2. Technical Support – The hosting company should be able to assist you with any technical issues that may arise on your website or server. (ie security, upgrades, speed, maintenance)
3. Scalability – Before committing to a web host be sure that they will be able to handle an increase in traffic, transfers, uploads, and download speeds as your website grows.
4. Cost – Shared and dedicated servers are more economical for websites that have low to moderate traffic and data transfers however as your website grows you may have to upgrade to a cloud server that can handle more activity from your website.
Different Types of Web Hosting
– If you are just starting out or if you have a limited budget it will impact, the type of hosting that you will need for your website. In this case, the most basic standard hosting will be the best for your business. If you have a larger budget and have an existing audience dedicated or cloud hosting may be a viable option.
• New or Existing Traffic
– Standard hosting may have some limitations if you have a large amount of existing traffic to your website or social media channels. Dedicated or Cloud hosting may provide you with speed, and the capacity to handle the traffic and transfer loads placed on your website.
• Website Maintenance
– In many cases, Cloud Servers and Dedicated Servicers require that you be responsible for the routine maintenance with may include updates and security. If you are not in the position to maintain the server yourself, you may want to select Shared Hosting until you begin to build the revenue to afford to invest in your own maintenance program.
Typically, Shared Hosting companies will assist you with the routine maintenance of your website making it easier for you to concentrate on your business.
Creating Your Online Brand
Branding Your Business
The first section of your website provides the platform for you to build your brand by informing your visitors of who you are and what your business is about.
- Home Page
- Landing Page
- About Page
- Contact Page
These pages connect you with your customer and set you apart from the other web sites on the Internet that provide the same product or service.
Using media to show a visual representation of your product and service is very important. When presenting a product show clear photos of the product and the product in use.
Services are represented best when displayed with a photo of the service being performed. Adding video is also an excellent way to promote your product and service through your website.